Monday, February 22, 2010

God loves us so much!!!

Here is a devotional I had the pleasure of writing and sharing at community bible study in Franklin, TN on Feb 12th. I hope you like it and that God speaks to your heart... I know He spoke to mine! THANKS for reading it!!!

<3 Mel

As women we are called to be a lot of things. Most of us are wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends. Some of us work, serve in the church, and do a bunch of other stuff. We work and work to make everyone happy, to keep everyone safe, and to keep everyone going. In order to make it, in order to keep ourselves going, we often times put ourselves last on list or simply take ourselves off the list all together. We tell ourselves I’ll be ok as long as everyone else is ok. I can tell you from personal experience that this will only work for so long. There might be a time when you feel like a failure, feel a little overwhelmed, or even feel like running away. If we don’t take time for ourselves and fill up our own cups with God and His words we will dry up and wither away.

Let me ask you some questions… Have you ever felt alone in a room full of people? Have you ever felt like you can’t do anything right… like everything you touch turns to dust? Have you ever felt like you’ve been on a deserted island, or that you are a deserted island? Has your heart been broken so bad that you can barely breathe? Have you felt misunderstood, ill prepared, or unworthy? Have you ever looked in the mirror and been disgusted or discouraged? Have you felt like God has forgotten you? Have you ever raised your fist to the heavens and asked, “why me”? Have you ever wished you were never born? Have you ever wished that you could just roll over and die? These are things that are easy to feel if you let your cup run dry.

God is Love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. It’s not based on how much we can accomplish in a day. He doesn't love us because we're lovable or because of the things we do; He loves us because He is love. He created us to have a loving relationship with Him, and He sacrificed His own Son, who was willing to die for us, to restore that relationship. He wants us to know how much He loves us. In fact He has written us a love letter. And we all have a copy of it, it’s called the Bible. All throughout these pages you will find words that express how much He loves you, how proud of you He really is, and how He longs for you…. How he longs to have a relationship with you. If you ever get discouraged look in these pages and you will find just how precious you are in His sight.

I could talk for a week straight; I would only scratch the surface of God’s love. These pages are so full of the fluid you need to fill up your cup. I encourage you to take your Bible go through it and make a list of the words God could say about you… Keep that list Handy and read it when you feel discouraged or overwhelmed. …better yet; hold it close, read it often and fill your hearts with His words.

I will close with reading the list I came up with for myself. I believe if God was talking to me directly from these pages he would say…


I created you to be like me, I created you in my image! (Genesis 5:1)

Before you were in your mother’s womb I knew you! Before you were born, I set you Apart (Jeremiah 1:5)

In fact, I created your inmost being; I put you together in your mother's womb. You are fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139: 13-14)

Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you belong to me. (Isaiah 43:1)

Before I created the world, I chose you. (Ephesians 1:4)

I’ve placed the stars and the moon in the sky, yet I know and love you (psalm 8:3)

Nothing can ever separate you from my love. (Romans 8:38-39)

I have a place prepared for you and I will come back to get you, I will never forget you. (John 14:3)

I will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5)

I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. (Revelations 21:6)

I am your wonderful counselor, your Mighty God, your Everlasting Father, your Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6)

The peace I give to you is not like the peace the world gives you. Do not let your heart be troubled. (John 14:27)

Do not be afraid for my perfect love casts out all your fears. (1 John 4:18)

I hold you in the palm of my hand there is no reason to be afraid! (Isaiah 41:13)

Do not worry about anything; I have taken care of all the details. (matthew6:24)

Lean on me and my ways acknowledge me in all you do, I will direct your paths (proverbs3:5-6)

Come to me when you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest! My yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

I will wipe every tear from your eyes, and one day…there will be no more death, no more sorrow, and no more pain. All these things will be gone forever. I make everything new! (Revelations 21:4-5)

In me you are a new creation! (2corinthians 5:17)

And I love you very much!!! (Deuteronomy 23:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash